- Bottom grids and rinsing baskets: These products fit inside the dishwasher for convenient cleaning.
- Cutting boards: These products should be hand washed in a mild detergent, rinsed thoroughly and hand dried. For wood cutting boards – apply a coat of mineral oil to all wood surfaces on a monthly basis or more frequently, if needed.
The following are recommendations from the U.S. Department of Agriculture regarding cutting boards:
- Always use a clean cutting board.
- If possible, use one cutting board for fresh produce and a separate one for raw meat, poultry and seafood.
- Once cutting boards become excessively worn or develop hard-to-clean grooves, you should replace them.