- Elkay colanders, cutting boards, rinsing baskets and bottom grids are not designed as "Dishwasher Safe" or "Microwave Safe".
These products should be hand washed in a mild detergent, rinsed thoroughly and hand dried.
- For wood cutting boards – apply a coat of mineral oil to all wood surfaces on a monthly basis or more frequently if needed.
The following are recommendations from the USDA regarding cutting boards:
- Always use a clean cutting board.
- If possible, use one cutting board for fresh produce and a separate one for raw meat, poultry and seafood.
- Once cutting boards become excessively worn or develop hard-to-clean grooves, you should replace them.